Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ready to Fly!

Daughter, Monice, and I just made our plane reservations to Utila...hooray! And only $300, which made me deliriously happy. We leave at the crack of dawn on Monday, August 22. Monice will stay for five days...I will stay forever! I'm so thrilled that Monice will be traveling with me. She has been my cheerleader throughout all of my research, decision-making and planning. I'm so grateful to have her shining light in my life.

I've been so busy getting ready for the big moving sale on Saturday. Hopefully most of the stuff will sell...more money to get me started on Utila! I feel like I live in a furniture showroom at the moment! In front of my patio doors is a card table with my table-sized Christmas tree on it...fully decorated, as I thought people would be more interested in buying ornaments if they could see them hanging on a tree. They'll be knocking on my door at 7 am, and I hope they bring lots of cash!

Not much work driving bus this summer...only averaging 10-16 hours/week. Between that, occasional days helping my friend, Ann, with her daughter, Celia (a former student on my bus), and a hefty bonus check for the second semester of driving, and I hope I'll be able to see it through financially until I leave for Utila.

I'm beginning to say my goodbyes. Visited with a former student and her parents last evening. They were so excited with my news. I invited them to visit me at any time on my island, then realized they most likely would never be able to, as their daughter has severe disabilities and no one to care for her during a long vacation so far away. They are good and loving parents...how sad is it that they have to be in this situation?...and yet never a complaint, just loving care for a daughter they adore.

Well, I'll get some rest now, for I know the next two days will be extremely busy with final preparations for the moving sale. I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! $300 for the trip - I could afford that!!!!
    Jean Shaw

    ReplyDelete